It’s summer, Girl Smoothies which means its hot, making it the perfect time for refreshing smoothies!
I’m thankful to have the opportunity to introduce you to such a lovely woman and her fabulous new cookbook – The Blender Girl Smoothies! This little book contains 100 gluten-free, vegan & paleo-friendly recipes to take your smoothie creations to the next level in flavor and nutrition.
I’m inspired by Tess’s ability to overcome health challenges by embracing a plant-based diet, resulting in a passion for health and nutrition. I have the privilege of seeing similar benefits in my clients who embrace a whole-food, plant-based diet and applaud all who make the initial effort to embrace a new lifestyle which always results in beautiful long-term benefits.
The Blender Girl Smoothies!
Begin your smoothie journey by learning some essential “smoothie secrets”, which include tips and tricks to blend up the perfect creation. This includes everything from the best order to toss ingredients in the blender (it really does make a difference!), to how to store produce properly, and even tips for how to beat bloating. We can be ever so happy Tess didn’t keep these little secrets to herself.:)
Prior to diving into the recipes you’ll receive a guide for how to build your own smoothie and find your perfect blend, providing icons for each recipe indicating smoothies that are focused on detox, weight loss, boosting immunity, anti-inflammatory, energizing, alkalinizing, as well as those that are rich in protein, contain nuts, and are unsweetened.
I’ve been blending like crazy and have thoroughly enjoyed many smoothies, including:
- Summer Stoner (pages 48-49)
- Rosemary Melonade (pages 50-51) – Recipe below!
- Green Mojito (pages 102-103)
- Grapefruit Fennel Fix (pages 134-135)
Tess has so kindly provided permission to reprint of one of my favorites for you to enjoy as well
This exotic blend sips like a fancy cocktail, but skips the hefty bar tab. Melon is hydrating, and rich in vitamin C and anti-inflammatory lycopenes, while rosemary contributes awesome flavor and antibacterial backup. The combination makes this your secret immunity agent! Throw in the jalapeño for an added cleanse and kick.
- 3 cups (480g) chopped seedless watermelon, chilled
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 lemon, peeled and seeded
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely chopped rosemary
- 1⁄2 cup (80g) frozen pineapple
- 1⁄4 cup (80g) frozen strawberries
- 5 drops alcohol-free liquid stevia, plus more to taste (optional)
- optional boosters
- 1⁄2 cup (60g) frozen raw cauliflower florets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cold-pressed, extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeño chile
Throw all of the ingredients into your blender and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until well combined.
nutritional facts (per serving)
Calories 115 kcal | Fat 0 g | Saturated fat 0 g | Sodium 4 mg | Carbs 29 g | Fiber 3 g | Sugars 21 g Protein 2 g | Calcium 42 mg | Iron 1 mg
Tess also has an awesome app that allows you to select recipes based on what you’re feeling, needing, and craving, allowing you to take your smoothies to the “next level and help you blast your way to good health and blended bliss”.
Enjoy more recipes and ravings reviews of Tess’ book at these fabulous sites (including a few giveaways!)
- Chai Tai Smoothie on Choosing Raw
- Peach Crumble Smoothie on Plant-Powered Kitchen
- Green Mojito on Healthy. Happy. Life.
- Pomegranate Slam It on Detoxinista
- Omega Overture Berry Smoothie on Pure Ella